Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stand

Triple ExposureKindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite - Latest GenerationToy Story 3 (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)The Adventures of Sherlock HolmesGod Willin' & The Creek Don't RiseThe Office: Season SixDivorced, Desperate and Dating (Romantic Mysteries)Kindle Lighted Leather Cover, Black (Fits 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle)Romans 12:verse 12. Rejoice in Hope, Patient in Tribulation, Continuing Steadfast in Prayer.

Planted on Holy Ground. This scripture came to me recently as I stand in the midst of a financial,professional, and emotional storm.  I hold on to the faith and belief that God is in control and He has the last word. It would be very easy for me to have a pity party, blame others,as well as blame God for my circumstances. However my faith and my past experiences tell me that this is just another storm. As a child, and even now as an adult I would love to listen to the rain, and let it rock me to sleep like a baby. While my mom was running around the house turning off all sources of electricity such as the lights and television. She would have us sit in silence as the rain storm erupted outside and beat against our doors, and windows.  The storm frightened my siblings but as for me it calmed me. As an adult I learned that in th time of storms is when God's will is truly able to manifest. We have to stand still like that tree in Psalms 1, planted by the raging waters and in the midst of a horrible storm.  Let God do what He does best. He has to shake things up so that we do not walk in the counsel of the ungodly nor sit in the seat of the scornful. The ways of the world and the circumstances of life cannot dictate how we react. This is our opportunity as men and women of God to meditate on God's word, and rejoice, fast, pray, and allow God to rain on the enemies plans of destruction. Satan will flee in our times of despair if we learn to rejoice in our storms. I know that when it is a storm raging their is a blessing on the other side.  God is maturing me, and preparing me for the next level. He is teaching me how to be calm even when it looks like all Hell has broke loose in my life.  Some may look at me and say your not worried, your not mad, your not scared? My answer is No, because in the end I know that God is in control of my life, and if I trust and depend on Him, and stay in His will, follow His lead, and continue to pray and seek His guidance He will get me over this storm just as He has got me over all the other storms.  I've lost both my father and stepfather, God got me over, I lost my son's father to a tragic house fire, and had to depend on God to help me raise him into the saved, God fearing, intelligent young man he is today. God got me over. I had to get a tumor removed from the lower half of my pancreas, and my spleen removed. God got me over. I developed blood clots in both my lungs post surgery and almost lost my life. God healed me and got me over. I was talked about,lied on, and hated by others because of envy and jealousy. God got me over, and made my enemies my footstool. I say all of this to let you know that like all storms this too shall pass. So if you have a storm in your life know that God will get you over. If you stand on His word and have faith in His promises. Know that you are blessed, anointed, and that like the tree in Psalms Chapte 1, you are planted on Holy Ground.
Peace and God's Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment

My absolute favorite place to shop